How to make a margarita cocktail?
A classic margarita cocktail is made with tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice that’s shaken and served over ice in a short salt-rimmed cocktail glass.
Looking to level up your next marg? Try adding 30ml sugar syrup or muddling in a handful of berries for extra sweetness. Or, if you love spicy, add a sprinkle of chilli flakes to your salt-rimmed glass.
Strawberry Lime and Jalapeno Margarita
- Cocktail Shaker
- 60 ml Tequila
- 30 ml Orange sec
- 60 ml Lime juice
- 30 ml jalapeno sugar syrup
- 4 strawberries
- 1 cup ice cubes
Jalapeno sugar syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 jalapeno
- Jalapeno, lime slices and ice to serve
- Salt & chilli flakes
- Place the salt and chilli flakes onto a plate and combine. Run a lime slice around the edge of each glass and dip the wet glass rim into the chilli salt. Add a lime slice the edge of each glass, fill with ice and leave aside for serving.
- Add strawberries to a cocktail shaker and pound with a muddler or break down with a fork.
- Add tequila, orange sec, lime juice and jalapeno sugar syrup to the cocktail shaker and vigorously shake until combined.
- Pour into ice filled glasses and enjoy!